The picket / baluster spacing calculator does the following:
- Provides an even picket distribution throughout a railing panel for a target space.
- Ensures the two picket end spaces are the same as the other spaces throughout the distribution.
- Ensures the most efficient number of pickets is given for the target regulation space.
- Compensates for the degree or angle (i.e. the marks will expand on the channel to compensate for a degree)
How to use the picket / baluster space calculator:
*Note: Output measurements from this calculator are the CENTER of each picket.
- Enter the length of your channel, top bar, bottom bar, or panel
- Enter the width of your picket / baluster material
- Enter the degree of the railing panel.
- Enter the target picket space. If you enter 4 (inches), the calculator will find the minimum number of pickets required to achieve this space. The measurements are conservative, meaning it will get as close to 4 inches as possible while maintaining an even space throughout the distribution. This ensures you meet regulatory requirements while obtaining the most efficient material requirements and perfect baluster spacing.